Vegan Black bean Crunchwrap Supreme!
I’ve been getting a whooooole lotta requests for the recipe so I figured rather than write everyone back privately that I’d post a thing.
It’s really really easy, just substitute all the non-vegan stuff for vegan friendly kind and you’re in business. Your grocery list will look somethin like this:
- large tortillas like the biggest you can find
- tostadas (if you can’t find them,then small corn tortillas, you can bake them and get the same effect)
- 1 can of black beans (you probably won’t need the whole thing)
- a block of cheddar daiya cheese
- vegan sour cream, I used tofutti kind
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomato or salsa, I used salsa because I’m not really into tomato but am very into salsa
- earth balance margerine
- seasoning for the beans, I used cumin seeds, paprika, ground cayenne pepper, onion powder, and cilantro flakes
Open your can of beans, drain about half the liquid out,put the beans and remaining juice in a small pot and heat em up over medium heat. Once you’ve got all your stuff chopped and seasoned and ready, lay out one of the large tortillas. Spread the daiya around in a circle about the same size as the tostada. Scoop on some beans, put on the tostada. Spread sour cream all over that bad boy and then add the lettuce and top that off with tomatoes or salsa or whatever you’re workin with.
NOW the fun stuff. Fold up one part of the tortilla and keep goin in a clockwise or counterclockwise rotation, making sure one part of each fold is tucked under the previous part. If you’re left with a hole at the top, like I was, grab another tortilla and put that over what you just did. Carefully flip it over and wrap it the same way. Put a pan on to medium heat and scoop in some Earth Balance. Once it’s melted and sizzly, carefully put your wrap on it seam side DOWN. Leave it on for three or four minutes, pressing with a spatula. Flip it and do the same for the other side and keep flippin it around until it’s as done as you’d like.
THERE YA GO!! Vegans beating Taco Bell at their own damn game!! Good luck, friends!